If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, there’s a good chance HMRC has got some of your money.
So, in the last 4 years have you…
- Had more than one job?
- Paid subscriptions to a professional organisation such as a union or professional body?
- Used your own car as part of your job (other than commuting to and from work)?
- Had to work from home some or all of the time?
- Had to provide specific items of clothing for your job?
- Had to provide tools for your job?
- Had to wash workwear provided by your employer?
- Received more than one tax code in a tax year?
- Paid income tax?
- Retired and had more than 2 pensions?
Of the most recent 126,297 taxpayers who have completed a review, 44,931 have discovered they had been given the wrong tax code and received a tax refund – that’s about 36 taxpayers getting a refund from every 100 reviews we’ve finished, or more than 1 in 3. The largest refund in that time was £10,690. Our average refund to-date is £206.82.
If the odds of winning £200 on the lottery were 1 in 3, would you buy a ticket? That’s the odds you get with us but we’re giving the “tickets” away for free!